Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Why?

We’ve all had or been around children who are constantly asking us “Why?” “Why is lettuce green?” “Why is the air clear?” “Why do I have to eat vegetables?” This is how children learn. They get information by asking us “Why?”

“Why?” is also the most important question for your business. With everything you do, everything you write, every piece of information you provide you should be answering the question “Why?”

Why? Because it’s how your customers and potential customers will get information from you.

An example: A web banner ad has to be brief and to the point. The point should be the answer “Why?” “Why should I take a closer look?” “Why should I remember that web site?” “Why does it matter to me?”

This is the same for everything potential customers see about your company. Your “Why?” should become part of your branding. It should come through in everything people see and hear about you. And it should be a nutshell “Why?” Concise and to the point. Your elevator pitch on a diet. “Why will what you do benefit me?” “Why should I choose you over your competitor?” “Why should I invest my money in your product or service?”

Are you answering the question “Why?” in everything you do?
___
Kerry Brooks is Co-owner of
ProfessionalEdge Associates, offering a wide range of marketing and support services to businesses that want to increase their success, but aren't in a position to add to their staff.